Siskiyou Artists Association - 61st Annual Art Show
Mount Shasta Sisson Museum
August 18 - September 3, 2018
|Entry Forms Due
||Friday, July 27, 2018
|Deliver Art Work to Sisson Museum
|| Wednesday, August 15, 2018, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
|Reception & Awards
||Friday, August 17, 2018, 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
|Art Show Opens
||Saturday, August 18, 2018 (Museum Hours)
|Art Show Closes
||Monday, September 3, 2018, 4:00 p.m.
|Pick Up Art Work
|| Monday, September 3, 2018, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Original art only. No reproductions, including Giclee prints or other inkjet copies.
Sorry, no photography or computer art.
- Best of Show
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd in each media category. Categories may be consolidated if there are an insufficient number of entries.
- Awards by subject given at the discretion of the judge for Best Portrait/Figurative, Domestic Animal/Wildlife, Still Life, Building/Cityscape, Landscape/Seascape, Abstract, Siskiyou Scene
- Popular Vote winner ( tallied at the end of the show).
SAA members or non-members living in Northern California and Southern Oregon.
Rules of Entry
- Maximum of three entries with a TOTAL combined area (including frames) of 32 square feet. If this is exceeded, art may be eliminated at the discretion of the show chair.
- All art must be dry. 2-D art must be properly framed and ready to hang. WIRE HANGERS ONLY.
- Art must be original, done by the artist within the past three years, and not previously shown at the SAA Annual Show.
- Assigned media categories for judging are at the discretion of the show chair.
- Artists are required to take a turn sitting the show. Art will not be displayed or judged for entrants who do not sign up to sit the show. If you are not able to do so, find a replacement and inform the show chair who will be sitting for you.
- Art may not be removed prior to the scheduled pickup date of September 3. Art not picked up by 6:00 p.m. on that date may be charged a storage fee of $5.00 per day.
- LATE ENTRY FORMS AND LATE ART WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- SAA will be solely responsible for positioning and display.
- SAA reserves the right to refuse any entry.
- Each artist agrees to allow SAA to photograph any entries and use those photographs for show publicity.
- Artists are encouraged to provide a biography and business cards to facilitate the sale of their art. Artists who sell work at the show shall make a donation to the Sisson Museum. Ten percent of the sale price is recommended.
- SAA will take utmost care in handling the art but assumes no liability for loss or damage.
||$10 per entry or $25 for 3 entries
||$15 per entry
Entry in this show indicates acceptance of
all rules as listed above.
Questions: E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again this year we will hold a silent auction to raise money for our scholarships. These pieces will not be included in the judging, may be framed or matted and protected in plastic (if appropriate), and must be no larger than 9" x 12" (framed). All proceeds will go to the Scholarship Fund.
If you have agreed to donate cards for sale at the show or pieces for the silent auction, please bring them with your entries on Wednesday. Members attending the reception are reminded to bring finger food on Friday.