Siskiyou Artists Association - 62nd Annual Art Show
Mount Shasta Sisson Museum
August 17 - September 2, 2019
|Entry Forms Due
||Friday, July 26, 2019
|Show Sitting Sign-Up Due
||Wednesday, August 14, 2019 (See Rule #5 below)
|Deliver Art Work to Sisson Museum
|| Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
|Reception & Awards
||Friday, August 16, 2019, 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
|Art Show Opens
||Saturday, August 17, 2019 (Museum Hours)
|Silent Auction Closes
||Sunday, September 1, 2019, 1:00 p.m.
|Art Show Closes
||Monday, September 2, 2019, 4:00 p.m.
|Pick Up Art Work
|| Monday, September 2, 2019, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Original art only. No reproductions, including Giclee prints or other inkjet copies.
Sorry, no photography or computer art.
- Best of Show
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Honorable Mention in each media category, at the discretion of the Show Chair and Show Judge.
- Awards by subject given at the discretion of the judge for Best Portrait/Figurative, Domestic Animal/Wildlife, Still Life, Building/Cityscape, Landscape/Seascape, Abstract, Siskiyou Scene
- Popular Vote winner ( tallied at the end of the show).
SAA members or non-members living in Northern California and Southern Oregon.
Rules of Entry
- Maximum of three entries with a TOTAL combined area (including frames) of 32 square feet. If this is exceeded, art may be eliminated at the discretion of the show chair.
- All art must be dry. 2-D art must be properly framed and ready to hang. WIRE HANGERS ONLY.
- Art must be original (e.g., no reproductions), completed by the artist within the past three years, and not previously shown at the SAA Annual Show.
- Assigned media categories for judging are at the discretion of the Show Chair(s). For example, categories may be consolidated if there are an insufficient number of entries in any category.
- Artists are required to take a turn sitting the show. Art will not be displayed or judged for entrants who do not sign up to sit the show. If you are not able to do so, find a replacement and inform the Show Chair who will be sitting for you. Sign-up sheets are circulated at SAA’s June and July meetings, and sign-up is required by the day of art delivery.
- Art may not be removed prior to the scheduled pickup date of September 3. Art not picked up by 6:00 p.m. on that date may be charged a storage fee of $5.00 per day.
- LATE ENTRY FORMS AND LATE ART WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- SAA will be solely responsible for positioning and display.
- SAA reserves the right to refuse any entry.
- Each artist agrees to allow SAA to photograph any entries and use those photographs for show publicity.
- Artists are encouraged to provide a biography and business cards to facilitate the sale of their art. Artists who sell work at the show shall make a donation to the Sisson Museum. Ten percent of the sale price is recommended.
- SAA will take utmost care in handling the art but assumes no liability for loss or damage.
||$10 per entry or $25 for 3 entries
||$25 per entry
Entry in this show indicates acceptance of
all rules as listed above.
Questions: E-mail us at email@example.com.
Again this year we will hold a silent auction to raise money for our scholarships. These pieces will not be included in the judging, may be framed or matted and protected in plastic (if appropriate), and must be no larger than 9" x 12" (framed). All proceeds will go to the Scholarship Fund.
If you have agreed to donate cards for sale at the show or pieces for the silent auction, please bring them with your entries on Wednesday. Members attending the reception are reminded to bring finger food on Friday.